A HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGERY IS AN EFFECTUAL TREATMENT FOR MALE PATTERN BALDNESS AND FEMALE ANDROGENETIC ALOPECIA
Hair Transplant basically includes extraction of hair from the denser region and placing them in the deficient region on scalp. Traditional hair transplant includes the use of hair strip taken from the sides or back of scalp. Then hair follicles are individually removed and planted in the areas with thin hair lining. This is called FUT that is a surgical procedure and is very painful leaving linear scars on the head that are easily visible.
On the other hand, an advanced hair restoration technique, FUE is an improved method under which individual hair grafts are received directly from the donor region, resulting in lesser pain and hence more convenient procedure than FUT strip method.
What is Graft?
Grafts contain hair follicles that usually prevent balding. These grafts are transplanted to the bald scalp. These are used for hair transplantation on scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows, beard, chest, pubic and to fill scars resulted by accidents or wounds.
Hair grafts contains average three to four hairs. Hair transplantation is different from skin grafts where grafts consist of epidermis and dermis around the hair follicle and several many grafts are transplanted instead a single strip skin.
As hairs naturally occur in 1 – 4 hairs, these are transplanted in their natural groups. So hair transplants can attain natural look by mimicking real hairs. Transplant procedures are conducted with nominal sedation and injected local anesthesia. The most commonly used procedures are FUT (follicular unit transplantation) and FUE (follicular unit extraction) that provide long lasting solution for hair problems. Hair grafts grow naturally in the planted regions and look original that no one can distinguish them.
According to a research presented at the 69th annual conference of the Cardiological Society of India (CSI), young men with coronary artery disease had a 49% chance of developing Male Pattern Baldness and 27% of developing premature greying.
Significant factors deciding Hair Transplant cost
- Surgical procedure: Various kinds of hair transplant procedures can be followed, the cost significantly depends on the procedure type used such as FUE, FUT etc.
- Skills- Reputation and skills of surgeons are a major deciding factor for transplant cost. They are related directly.
- Location: The treatment cost is also based on the location, life expenses, metro city, population and demand have a major in deciding the cost.
- Hair fall type- The hair loss type varies depending on individuals. Therefore its nature is also a significant factor in estimating the cost of the treatment.
Hair loss is basically resulted by:
- Increasing age, hormone variation, family pattern of baldness and diet
According to expert, sooner the hair fall happens, more severe the baldness becomes. Hair loss may occur by skin burns or any other traumatic condition that can be treated by hair transplant. If you have taken a health insurance plan, it will be more advantageous for you.
The Depths of Hair Transplantation at Metro Hair Transplant Centre
Considering the latest practices in the surgical hair restoration field, there is a lot that is implemented in our advanced hair transplant centre.
Hair Transplantation Step By Step
The concept of hair transplantation lies beyond extracting and implanting hair follicles in the bald region. Basing on the fact that the implanted hair follicles are DHT resistant, the surgeon meticulously designs a patient’s scalp to facilitate natural results. The implanted hair will continue to grow since it isn’t affected by DHT, a hormone that triggers hair loss. The extraordinary steps of hair transplantation at Metro hair transplant centre are;
Evaluation, Planning, and Scalp Design/Demarcation
With artistry and experience, the surgeon at Metro deploys both art and science since hair transplantation is more than just inserting hair follicles. At our centre, the surgeon examines a patient’s scalp and evaluates the reliable donor region. He will further on demarcate the scalp to excellently differentiate the bald region and the donor region.
Anesthesia Administration Donor Area Trimming
At our centre, we ensure that patients are completely comfortable and anxiety-free. Therefore, we utilize various methodologies such as numbing creams before anesthesia administration to render every step pain-free. The donor area is then trimmed for graft extraction.
Slit Making & Recipient Preparation
This step is vital since the slits determine the hair density and direction. We utilize modern CTS to ensure proper depth in slit making and prevent or minimize trauma.
While extracting the grafts, we ensure various factors, for example, no graft damage, wastage, over-extraction among others. We utilize advanced tools with proper diameters to extract the grafts and are kept hydrated under a solution to prevent them from dying.
At our centre, we utilize dilators or double forceps to prevent mechanical trauma to the grafts. The grafts are also meticulously implanted into the slits while spraying the area to prevent dehydration. These grafts are inserted in a given order to produce a natural appearance.
Various Types of Hair Transplant at Metro Hair Transplant Centre
We provide various hair transplantation solutions conducted with great expertise with distinguishable techniques.
The Follicular Unit Extraction method is a bit technical and time-consuming. In this technique, individual grafts are extracted from the donor region and meticulously implanted into the slits made in the bald region. There isn’t any linear scar created, only dot-like scars are left behind.
Also known as the strip method, the Follicular Unit Transplantation technique requires a surgeon to extract a strip of hair using a scalpel and later dissected under magnification in a laboratory. The wound is aesthetically sutured to minimise the visibility of the scar.
This technique encompasses various methodologies of extracting and implanting hair in the different facial regions such as the eyebrows, mustache, beards, eyelashes, and sideburns. The hair follicles are extracted using the FUE technique or the FUE technique.
The BIO-FUE is currently a leading hair transplantation choice when it comes to hair transplant. The technique utilizes the FUE method after which a serum derived from your own blood is injected into your scalp for excellent results.
A Giga session implies to the combination of FUE and FUT with a major intention of attaining more hair follicles. A Mega session is conducted by planning various settings for hair transplantation.
This method is conducted in case of insufficiency in the donor region or a weak donor region. In this case, hair follicles are extracted from the different regions of the body, such as the chest, beard, back, pubis, and armpits.
In this technique, hair follicles are extracted from the donor region and directly implanted in the recipient region. This requires great artistry.
A beard hair transplant is a modern way of attaining an attractive facial appearance in males. Hair follicles are extracted from one region of the beard region to attain a fuller beard or establish a beard where it wasn’t.
Suitable Candidates for Hair Transplant
The cutting-edge for hair transplant is basically;
- A patient’s age
- Identifiable baldness or hair thinning
- Reliable donor regions
- Realistic expectations
A patient must undergo an evaluation where the surgeon identifies the extent of hair loss and the suitable solutions. Blood tests may be recommended for various reasons.
Which to choose- FUE or FUT?
• FUE results into very tiny scars, it is ideal for patients who want to keep very short hair length. It is also beneficial for those who need to perform several strenuous activities like professional bodybuilders who need to resume training very soon after the treatment.
• FUE is also fit for those who cannot heal soon from the traditional strip harvesting or whose scalp is very tight. In FUE, surgeons can significantly extract air from other body parts in addition of scalp for example bread, underarms and chest. However there are various limitations with this procedure.
Few patients prefer FUE as it is a non-invasive procedure unlike to FUT. However in reality surgery is involved in both types of procedure and the incision depth is also same. The difference only lies in the incisions created. FUE procedure involves making several tiny incisions on the donor region whilst in FUT only single incision is perform that creates a lengthy scar in the mid of the donor region.
FUE is selected if there is need of making several round incisions and not just because of being a non-invasive procedure.
Benefits of Hair Transplant Procedure
- Possible to implant 3000 to 5000 hairs in single session
- A tinniest incision of 0.5 to 0.8mm diameter is possible to make
- Highly efficient and precise extraction accelerates the procedure
- Fast healing of donor sites
- Incision scars are almost invisible
- Dense placement is significant for increased density of transplanted hairs. Almost 60 to 70 hairs per sq cm can be easily placed
- The planted hairs start growing within initial two to three months after the treatment
- Restored hairs can be cut, trimmed or styled as soon as they grow
- No medicine is required to maintain the hair growth, their length increases naturally.
- You can shampoo and dye your hairs
- Healthy hair
Disadvantages of Hair Transplant Procedure
Common side-effects of hair transplant
- Considering the psychological drawbacks of hair transplant, it is essential to remember that usually significant part of the dermis is removed to perform the implantation. Scalp offers security to the follicle from any kind of stress but in case of transplant the follicles undergoes severe experience where a wide part is removed.
- Dense packing is an expensive and time taking procedure.
- Thick packing results into several scars and wounds on scalp that become painful
- In case of injury and use of different types of medicines, there are mild chances of healthy growth of the implanted graft that yields no results so totally wastage of time and money.
- Scars develop in the different body parts.
- Temporary hair thinning that is named as shock loss and shedding.
- Scalp swelling also occurs after surgery. Swelling covers the front part of head and also eyes and forehead.
Possible Side effects of Hair Transplant Surgeries
Our hair transplant experts optimize every technique to minimise the chances of surgery side effects that are;
- Anesthesia Reactions
Hair Growth After Hair Transplantation
Various questions regarding hair growth after the surgery are posed to our hair experts. The answer is generally YES! There is assured hair growth after the surgery that will automatically follow your hair growth cycle.
Once the implanted hair falls out, the new hair will continue growing and will become visible with time. Normally, 90% of patients experience 65% of hair growth in the first 7 months and 95% of hair growth within a year.
Your transplant surgery defines the type of post-operative instructions provided. It is essential to follow the surgeon’s instructions to prevent risks and complications that may alter the hair transplant results. You will be cautioned about;
- Hair Styling
- Blow drying
- Physical exercises
- Anxiety and stress
- Wearing caps/hats
- Hygiene among others
Why Choose Metro Hair Transplant Centre?
Our ambitions are basically patient-centered and that is; we desire to leave an extraordinary mark on every patient. With our latest incorporated methodologies, patients should choose us for;
- Natural hair transplant results
- Customized patient surgeries/treatments
- Ultra hygienic OTs
- No graft wastage
- Pain-free surgeries
- Systematized procedures
Is hair transplant surgery the most effective way to restore hair?
Hair transplant is unique in itself. Once you find a skilled surgeon, you will get the full results of follicular unit transplant. Over the procedure, you will experience a gradual increase in hair density and hair diameter, with improvement in texture and length that will remarkably change your outlook. It may influence the way a person wants to care their hair. Hair transplant methods such as FUT and FUE have satisfied millions of people around the world. Both men and women can take the benefits of this supreme procedure and get naturally growing hairs for the long term that can be styled like original hairs.
How do I find an excellent hair surgeon?
Remember the following factors while searching for a hair surgeon:
- Can your hair surgeon offer minimum ten sets of photos of before and after the procedure at the same angle.
- Collect names and contact information of minimum six patients to know about their experiences
- If your hair transplant surgeon can perform follicular unit transplant ask about if the grafts are microscopically cut, do they use stereo-microscopes, time used to perform grafts dissection etc
- Ask for any type of complaints
- Make sure to meet your hair transplant doctor in person who will perform your surgery. If he doesn’t meet, leave the place quickly.